Bearing Witness to the Light (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign #3) from Gospel Light House of Prayer on Vimeo.
Bearing Witness to the Light
John 1:6-9: “There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.”
Today, I am continuing the Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, which is aimed at bringing lost souls to Jesus Christ and reminding Christians, in this election year, to keep the main thing the main thing — preaching the Gospel to every creature and not getting caught up in the presidential campaign.
We are still in the prologue of John’s gospel, and in these verses, he shifts his focus from Jesus Christ, the Word made flesh, to another man named John. These verses hold a compelling message for Christians today regarding what we should be doing on this earth. Notice these things:
1. John was sent by God. John the Apostle tells us that John the Baptist was “sent by God.” John did not come of his own will; he was chosen and sent by God. He had a specific purpose for his life on earth. Too many of us think that we can do whatever we want with our lives. But God has put us here on earth for very specific reasons. If we keep in mind the fact that we had absolutely nothing to do with our own birth, we will quickly realize that, if there is a God in Heaven who controls life and death, (and there is) then we had better quickly get to doing what He put us on earth to do. If you have trusted Jesus Christ as Saviour, you have been chosen to bear witness to the Light.
2. John bore witness to the Light of the world, Jesus Christ. Verse 7 says, “The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light…” That was John’s purpose; that was the reason why he was sent into the world. John was not sent to promote himself or to build up his own name. In fact, verse 8 says, “He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.” Too many of us want to be the light. We want to be in the spotlight. We want to be the center of attention. We want people to come to us and lift us up. But, as Christians today, we have the same mandate as John — to bear witness of the Light, Jesus Christ. Are you doing that?
3. John was a helper to the Gospel. What did John preach about? He preached about “the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world” – Jesus Christ. John did not just represent Jesus for the sake of representing Jesus; he did not just preach because he liked to hear his own voice. He preached with a purpose — he preached to get people to come to the Light – Jesus Christ. Many believers today take pride in being able to debate theological issues, hold conferences on every subject imaginable, and talk about ways to boost church attendance and ministry participation. But none of that matters if people are not hearing the pure unadulterated Gospel of Jesus Christ and getting saved and having their lives changed by the Light – Jesus Christ. We, too, must be helpers of the Gospel. We must live and speak with the purpose of influencing others to give their lives to Christ. That is what it’s all about.
Christian friend, are you like John the Baptist? Are you representing Christ? Are you helping people come to the Light? If not, start today.
If you are not saved, now is your chance to come to the Light as well. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.